We’re happy to welcome you to our website. The protection of your personal data is very important to us. In the following, we will inform you about the collection and processing of data during visits to our website and when contacting us. We will also inform you of which rights you may assert.
1. Responsible authority and data protection officer
The authority responsible for the collection and processing of data is:
Sasol Wax GmbH
Further details can found under Legal Notice.
If you have any questions regarding your rights or the processing of data, our data protection officer will be happy to help you.
2. Visiting our website
In the following, we will inform you about:
a) what data are collected during your visit to our website,
b) for what purposes these are processed, and
c) the options you have to control the collection and processing of data yourself, and when the data will be deleted.
a. When visiting our website, the following information is automatically transmitted by your browser:
- Date, time and duration of the visit
- Name of your Internet service provider
- Name of the website that directed you to us
- Your device’s IP address
- Your browser type and its version
- Your device’s operating system
b. These data help give us a statistical insight into the ways in which our website is used, which then allows us to improve our offer. In addition, the collection of data allows us to retrace and prevent any unauthorised access to our web server or misuse of the website.
a. Visiting our website involves the use of so-called cookies. These are small text files that are stored on your device. Cookies generally contain a so-called cookieID, a unique identification code which allows your browser to be identified.
c. Some of the cookies we use are deleted upon closing your browser (so-called session cookies), while others remain on your device and so allow us to recognise your browser (so-called persistent cookies).
You can completely deactivate the saving of cookies in your browser, or accept certain cookies selectively. Please use the help function of your browser to find out how you can change this setting. This can affect the functionality of our website.
We use the code "get. _anonymizeIP ();“ This results in Google shortening your IP address and allowing an anonymised evaluation. The reduction of IP addresses occurs within the EU or the European Economic Area. The IP address submitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
The data collected with the help of cookies is usually transferred to a Google server and stored there. Compliance with data protection standards and data rights is ensured by a certification under the EU-US privacy shield.
Purposes of data processing:
On our behalf, Google uses the data collected through Google Analytics to evaluate the use of our website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further information related to the use of the website.
Data is processed based on your consent. You consent by clicking the button on our cookie banner.
Retention period and controlling options:
Data is stored for a period of 14 months. You can prevent the storage of the Google Analytics cookies by a corresponding setting in your browser. This may restrict the functionality of our website.
You may also prevent the collection of data generated by cookies and use of the website (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of such data by Google by clicking the Opt-Out Button located on our cookie banner, this will place an opt-out-cookie on your browser. Learn more by clicking on the link below: https://policies.google.com/technologies/managing
You can change your cookie settings here.
3. Plugins and tools
YouTube with expanded data protection integration
Our website uses plug-ins of the YouTube platform, which is being operated by YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
We use YouTube in the expanded data protection mode. According to YouTube, this mode ensures that YouTube does not store any information about visitors to this website before they watch the video. Nevertheless, this does not necessarily mean that the sharing of data with YouTube partners can be ruled 7 / 9 out as a result of the expanded data protection mode. For instance, regardless of whether you are watching a video, YouTube will always establish a connection with the Google DoubleClick network.
As soon as you start to play a YouTube video on our website, a connection to YouTube’s servers will be established. As a result, the YouTube server will be notified, which of our pages you have visited. If you are logged into your YouTube account while you visit our site, you enable YouTube to directly allocate your browsing patterns to your personal profile. You have the option to prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
Furthermore, after you have started to play a video, YouTube will be able to place various cookies on your device. With the assistance of these cookies, YouTube will be able to obtain information about our website visitor. Among other things, this information will be used to generate video statistics with the aim of improving the user friendliness of the site and to prevent attempts to commit fraud. These cookies will stay on your device until you delete them.
Under certain circumstances, additional data processing transactions may be triggered after you have started to play a YouTube video, which are beyond our control.
The use of YouTube is based on our interest in presenting our online content in an appealing manner. Pursuant to Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. f GDPR, this is a legitimate interest.
4. Making contact
In the following, we will inform you of:
a) what data are collected and processed when you contact us,
b) for what uses they are processed and by whom, and
c) when the data are deleted.
a. We collect and process the information you provide, such as your e-mail address and name, when you contact us via a contact form or by e-mail
b) Your data are processed by our customer service team exclusively based on your enquiry in order to respond to it.
c) The data are then deleted when they are no longer needed, once the enquiry is resolved.
5. Your rights
Revocation of consent
In addition, you are entitled to the following rights according to Articles 15 to 21 and 77 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), subject to fulfilment of the relevant statutory requirements:
- Information: You can request at any time that we disclose which personal data of yours we are using and provide you with a copy of your saved personal data, Article 15 GDPR.
- Rectification of incorrect personal data and completion of incomplete personal data, Article 16 GDPR.
- Deletion of your personal data: Please note that the deletion excludes data that are required for the implementation and execution of contracts; for the establishment, exercise and defence of legal claims; or that must be retained due to legal, regulatory or contractual obligations, Article 17 GDPR.
- Restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances you can request that the processing of your data be restricted, e.g. if you believe the data to be false, if their handling is unlawful or if you have registered an objection to their being processed. In this case, your data may only be processed without your consent in a highly restricted manner, for example, for the establishment, exercise and defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of other natural or legal persons, Article 18 GDPR.
- Objection to processing of data: You have the option to object to data processing for direct marketing purposes at any time. In addition, if you have special reasons, you may at any time object to the data processing that takes place on the basis of a legitimate interest, Art. 21 DSGVO.
- Data portability: You have the right to receive the data you have already provided us in an established and machine-readable format, and, as far as is technically possible, to request the direct transmission of this to a third party, Article 20 GDPR.